Others learned the hard way – so you don’t have to.
We know the #1 way for riders to protect themselves on the road is to buy the proper insurance. However, motorcyclists often receive bad advice from their agents or believe “full coverage” will take care of all injuries and losses in the event of an accident – it doesn’t. We offer free insurance reviews to help you determine whether you’re covered well or whether you’re at risk.
The Coverage You Need
Here is a checklist to help make sure that you’re covered properly. As a motorcycle rider, you need to have each of the following coverages:
- Underinsured Motorist (UIM) – Purchase a minimum of $250,000
- Medical Payments (MedPay) – Get the maximum offered by your insurance company, usually between $5,000 and $25,000
- Umbrella Policy – If you own your home, you need an underinsured motorists’ umbrella policy for $1 million.
- Liability – Purchase a minimum of $250,000
- Accessories Coverage – This protects all of the customized accessories on your bike. Be sure to get replacement value coverage.
For a more in-depth description of these types of coverage, read, “What Motorcycle Insurance Do I Need in Colorado?” Everyone’s needs are different when it comes to insurance. Do you own your home? What do you do for a living? Answers to questions like these can help determine how much insurance you need. Call us to determine the best coverage to protect you and your family should the worst happen.
We don’t sell insurance. We have just seen too many riders with the wrong insurance coverage and we, at least, want to help you make an informed decision.